As described here, on November 19, 2020, Cal/OSHA voted to implement sweeping new temporary emergency COVID-19 regulations. These emergency regulations are now in effect as they were approved by the Office of Administrative Law. Cal/OSHA has now provided additional guidance for employers, including the following:
- COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards Frequently Asked Questions
- A fact sheet called Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards—What Employers Need to Know
- A Model COVID-19 Prevention Program (CPP)
The Frequently Asked Questions page answers more than 30 questions in categories such as:
- Scope of Coverage
- Effective Date
- COVID-19 Prevention Program (CPP)
- Communication with Employees
- Identifying, Evaluating and Correcting COVID-19 Hazards
- Physical Distancing
- Face Coverings and Other Controls
- Addressing COVID-19 Cases in the Workplace
- Recordkeeping and Reporting, and
- Additional Resources.
Cal/OSHA also has updated its materials on its Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Guidance and Resources page. This page includes webinars on COVID-19 as well as training courses for employers and workers.
Employers should contact counsel to fully understand these new regulations and the implications on their businesses.