California has now entered Stage 2 of its Resilience Roadmap. The state is providing guidance to help workplaces reopen safely and has information specific to various industries. Businesses should review the information related to their industry as it “provides guidelines to create a safer environment for workers.” The state guidance also provides as follows:
“Before reopening, all facilities must:
- Perform a detailed risk assessment and implement a site-specific protection plan
- Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them
- Implement individual control measures and screenings
- Implement disinfecting protocols
- Implement physical distancing guidelines.”
In addition, the state guidance provides checklists to post in workplaces for various industries. Businesses should also check for any additional local guidance from city and/or county governments.